By James C. Lin
The goal of this fourth quantity within the sequence Advances in Electromagnetic Fields in dwelling platforms remains just like past volumes: so as to add a couple of major advances during this zone of study to clinical literature.
In common, the interplay of electromagnetic fields and waves with organic structures is frequency-dependent. additionally, the mechanisms of interplay for fields at low frequencies are very diversified from these at excessive frequencies. whereas major advances are being made on many fronts, a distinct emphasis of this quantity is on present and destiny biomedical purposes of electromagnetic fields, ranging in frequency from quasi-static to the optical area. every one bankruptcy comprises a entire presentation of a subject of present curiosity and transforming into value.
Read Online or Download Advances in Electromagnetic Fields in Living Systems PDF
Similar diagnostic imaging books
The second one of a two-volume set which identifies the anatomical information visualized within the sectional imaging modalities. As a complete reference, it's a nice relief while studying pictures; schematic drawings of serious readability are juxtaposed with the CT and MRI photos; anatomic buildings are color-coded within the drawings to facilitate id.
Made from chapters conscientiously chosen from CRC's best-selling engineering handbooks, volumes within the rules and purposes in Engineering sequence offer handy, comparatively cheap references sharply enthusiastic about specific engineering subject matters and subspecialties. Culled from the Biomedical Engineering guide, Biomedical Imaging presents an summary of the most clinical imaging units and highlights rising structures.
Combining a qualified improvement direction on diagnostic endoscopy from SPIE (the overseas society advancing light-based study) and the authors’ graduate path on biomedical optics, this paintings is written for researchers in clinical optics and biomedical engineering in addition to graduate clinical optics scholars.
That includes chapters from experts in endocrinology, body structure, pathology, and nuclear medication, this e-book offers a multidisciplinary method of a large choice of matters touching on somatostatin and its analogues. The publication: offers the main up to date insurance of somatostatin analog use in diagnostic and remedy Integrating the specialties of endocrinology, body structure, pathology, and nuclear medication, offering the multidisciplinary method of the subject specializes in destiny purposes, novel compounds, and parts for additional examine Covers themes through authors who're popular specialists and researchers within the box
- Biomedical Signal Analysis: Contemporary Methods and Applications
- Pocket Atlas of Sectional Anatomy: Computed Tomography and Magnetic Resonance Imaging : vol. 2 Thorax, Abdomen, and Pelvis
- Introduction to Mathematics of Medical Imaging
- Pediatric imaging: rapid-fire questions and answers
- MRI-Arthroscopy Correlations: A Case-Based Atlas of the Knee, Shoulder, Elbow and Hip
- Grainger & Allison's Diagnostic Radiology Essentials
Extra info for Advances in Electromagnetic Fields in Living Systems
1. Filtering The ﬁrst step of the signal-processing procedure is the suppression of the baseline wandering. This may be performed by applying the following two band-pass ﬁlters. First, a pre-detection ﬁnite impulse response (FIR) ﬁlter with 50 coefﬁcients and a bandwidth of 10–40 Hz is applied to the fetal MCG signal. This range is chosen because it excludes the power-line frequency of 50 Hz as well as the bandwidth in which the fetal cardiac complex has most of its signal energy. When the power-line frequency is 60 Hz, the bandwidth is of course chosen somewhat differently.
Haueisen, F. Gieszler and R. , VDE Verlag GMBH, Berlin, pp. 633–635. Leeuwen P. , Gr¨onemeyer D. , 1999a , Fetal heart rate variability and complexity in the course of pregnancy, Early Hum. , 54: 259–269. Leeuwen P. , Trowitzsch E. , 1999b , Magnetocardiography in the diagnosis of fetal arrhythmia, Brit. J. Obstet. , 106(11):1200–1208. Fetal Magnetocardiography 39 Leeuwen P. van and Sch¨uszler, 2000, Fetal magnetocardiography in twin pregnancy, Proc. 10th Int. Conf. J. , Springer, New York, 585–588.
8. SIMULATIONS Fetal MCGs are inﬂuenced by the current distribution in the volume conductor. This inﬂuence can be studied by means of simulations. Simulations can be helpful to determine which features are reﬂected in the measurements. For instance, an enlarged P-wave may be due to atrial hypertrophy but also due to a large distance between the fetal heart and the point of observation or due to a condition in which the amount of amniotic ﬂuid is very low. Moreover, simulations may help to ﬁnd the optimal measuring positions.